Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Fun at Breckenridge Fun Park

Today we spent the day on the slopes on Ten Mile Mountain.  Of course, during the summer season, there is no snow to attract skiers.  So, there are a variety of activities to attract people of all ages to the ski slopes. This park opened for the season on June 13th, so we arrived just in time to enjoy the summer activities and to view the area from the top of the mountain at Peak 7.  It was majestic.  I do not like heights, but I traveled to the top on the Independence Super Chair with Doug.  I do think if I rode the lifts on a regular basis, I would learn to love it.  I can verify that I love the views and the scenic landscape from the mountain tops.

 We arrived at the Breckenridge Fun Park.  
We rode the gondola from Breckenridge to the park.


 This is a view of the Alpine Super Slide.
You ride one of the chair lifts to the top of the slide, and then slide down the mountain.



 A little snow left on the slopes.

 Riding our chair lift to the top.

 Ready to ride down the slope.
This is probably the closest I will get to "skiing".  (In the summer, with no snow!)

 This is a view of the Gold Runner Coaster from the ski lift chair.


 Starting the ride up the coaster.

And coming down to the finish line.

We rode to the top, and then walked down on the "easy" trail.

 Walking down the mountain after riding the chair to the top.


I found a little patch of snow.




We are ascending even higher on the Independence Super Chair.
If you can read the stats, the elevation is 10,100 ft. with a vertical rise of 1,320 feet.
Our ride time was 6.5 minutes.
And remember, I don't like heights, but I think I could get used to them.



The higher we ascended, the more snow we saw.
This is the view from Peak 7.



I threw a snowball at Doug.









Scenic view going back down the mountain.







 We rode the ski lift back up the mountain and our bikes were loaded onto the lift.
Then we rode down the mountain on the easy trail.


Dinner with our friends, Frank and Sarah, that we met at the lodge.
A beautiful day with treasured memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment