Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Brunch with Doug-Peach Croissant Breakfast Casserole

Just before Easter I received an email from Doug.
It was simple.
"This looks good."
And he sent me the link to the recipe.
Yes, it did look good.
Too good to pass up.

As a result this was our Easter brunch dish.
Peach Croissant Breakfast Casserole

It is called,
 Wife Saver Breakfast.

Go to:

I am more than happy to share this sight with anyone who reads this.
It was delicious and a recipe I want to share and keep for myself
when we have company and when we want to treat ourselves.

It reminds me a little of French Toast but made with croissants.

Here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
6 croissants 
3 eggs 
1 cup milk 
2 tsp vanilla 
1/8 tsp salt 
1/8 tsp nutmeg 
1 big can of unsweetened sliced peaches, drained (I think the one I used was around 700 ml) 
¼ cup brown sugar 
¼ tsp cinnamon 
maple syrup, to taste

Directions:
1. Grease a 9×13 pan. Break croissants into bite sized pieces and spread on the bottom of the pan.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, salt and nutmeg. Pour over top of croissants.
3. Layer the peaches on top. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
4. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
5. In the morning, preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes.

6. Serve with maple syrup


This recipe is great when you have company.  You can prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning.
Easy, Delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment