Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Happy Birthday to Esther!

My sister-in-law celebrated her birthday in April.
I made a special cake for her and Doug.  They celebrated their birthdays 
about a week and a half apart.
I wanted a light cake that would also remind us of spring.
The weather this year went back and forth from winter to spring to winter...
and so on.

I wanted spring colors, so I made a 
Strawberry,
Lemon,
Blue
layer cake.

I mixed them up according to the package directions on the box.
Lemon.

Strawberry

A white cake mix tinted
Blue.

Bake and let cool.

I built the layers with strawberry, lemon, then blue.
I used a prepared white frosting.


I recruited my Sous Chef, Aiden.

Aiden unwrapped 9 packages of Kit Kat bars,
the white chocolate kind.
Then, I used a knife to cut each bar into the four pieces.
It is easier to assemble.

"Glue" the Kit Kat candy to the sides of the cake with frosting.

Tie the cake with a pretty spring ribbon.

Aiden is finishing the top of the cake 
using colorful Sixlet candy.

I added a silk flower that had been rinsed off and dried.

Happy Birthday, Esther!

Celebrating Doug & Esther's birthdays.

Vernon, Dave, Esther, and Doug.

Pretty slices of a very flavorful cake.


Esther and I.

I had a surprise cake for Dave.
The cake mixes provided 6 layers of cake, so I decided give 
a cake to Dave.
It looked great the night I frosted it.

By the following morning, the cake had cracked and formed 3 distinct sections.
It was like a 4 on the Richter Scale.
(That is where walls crack.)
I did look it up.
He was a great sport about it, and said it still tasted good!

We had a lovely time visiting, eating cake, and celebrating birthdays.

I think you can have your cake and eat it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment