Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Camden's 4th Birthday- Chocolate Dump Truck Cake

Camden is 4 years old!
Another birthday, another time for celebration!

 I saw some ideas for a boy's birthday cake on Pinterest.
I decided to make my own version of a 
Dump Truck Cake.
Then, the boys could play with their cake and eat it too.

 I baked a chocolate layer cake according to the directions on the box 
and frosted it.
As you can see by the picture, my cake cracked down the middles into fourths.
This was the perfect cake to have that happen.
The cake is supposed to be crumbly.

 After the cake is frosted, pound some Oreo cookies in a plastic zip lock bag 
until they are coarsely chopped.


 Then just scatter the crumbs over the cake and onto the cake board.
Add a small miniature dump truck and loader and the cake
"work sight" is complete!



 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CAMDEN!




After the party, time to go into the spa.
Not too bad for December.

No comments:

Post a Comment