Total Pageviews

Friday, May 18, 2012

Brownies-Cooking with So-Yeoun

This recipe is a variation of one I found in one of my old "church cookbooks" that I have
collected over the years.  Mom gave me this one in 1973.  I have cooked many recipes
out of books like these.  As you can see by the pages of the book, it is well worn.

My 1973 "Our Daily Bread" cookbook.
Compiled by Saint Mary's Church in Guthrie Center, Iowa.

Mrs. Milo Rees Brownies.

  • 2/3 cup oleo or butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 eggs (beaten)
  • 1 1/3 cups flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • Assemble ingredients

    Measure oleo

    Measure sugar & add

    Add vanilla

    Blend first 3 ingredients

    Beat 4 eggs & add

    Blend well

    Measure flour

    Measure cocoa


    Measure baking powder & salt

    Combine or sift dry ingredients

    Gradually add dry ingredients

    Combine well

    Coat 9 x 13 in. pan with cooking spray

    Spread batter evenly in pan

    Bake 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes

    Don't overbake

    Use good oven mitts

    Microwave half container frosting for 30 seconds

    Frosting will be runny

    Take out of oven

    Done when toothpick comes out clean

    Spread frosting evenly

    Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I tried these and they were excellent. I did use a bit more frosting than the recipe calls for but can you really ever have too much frosting? I'm not much for putting nuts in my brownies but I think they would work in this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The brownies look so yummy. Thanks for the recipe. I am so looking forward to more recipes. Love the pics and directions so easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete