Total Pageviews

Saturday, May 28, 2016

More on Liz's Birthday-Devil's Food Raspberry Chocolate Ganache Birthday Cake!

This is the second dessert I made for Liz's birthday.
A birthday requires cake.
As Julia Child once said,

(photo taken from Pinterest)

So, cake it is.
Not just any cake.

Devil's Food Raspberry Chocolate Ganache Birthday Cake!


This looks great!

I had previously mixed up a devil's food chocolate cake from a box mix.

I dusted the cake pans with cocoa powder instead of flour,
since I was not frosting the sides of the cake.

Bake according to package directions.


After the cake had cooled, I placed a layer on a plate.
I had some raspberry preserves,
so I spread that over the top to keep the cake moist.


We combined fresh raspberries and frozen whipped topping.

Aiden was my sous chef to help make his mom's special cake.

Aiden spread half of the whipped topping mixture over the first cake layer.

Then we added the second layer and spread the raspberry preserves.

More whipped topping mixture.

Time for a sample.


I had some chocolate ganache in my freezer.
I microwaved it until we could drizzle it over the cake.
What is ganache?

Ganache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ganache (/ ɡ ə ˈ n ɑː ʃ /; from the French word for "jowl") is a glaze, icing, sauce, or filling for pastries made from chocolate and cream.

You can click on this link from my blog on Gail & Yatzi's Wedding Cake
for the steps in making ganache.
It is harder to figure out how to say ganache than it is to make it.

Then, add a few more fresh raspberries over the top.


Oh, yes... one more layer of chocolate ganache.


Family Fun on the patio...


A few rain sprinkles, but we weathered them.


Happy Birthday to Liz!







A great kick off to the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment