Total Pageviews

Friday, February 5, 2016

Cupcake Bouquet-Celebrating Bonnie's Retirement


Cupcake Bouquet!

Celebrating Bonnie's Retirement

One of my friend's had a retirement party.
Who doesn't like a party?  It was a time to reconnect with fellow peers.
I had "retired" 5 years earlier.  Well, not so much retired but got married.
It's kind of the same, depending on how you look at it.
I hadn't seen some of my friends for a while, so I braved the 70 mile trip through some snow, which changed to rain, and then resulted in a few slick spots on the road.
But I made it!

Bonnie worked at AHS for about 12 years,
while I was there 10 years (to the day I started).
We worked together in a call center answering phones and taking applications for home warranties.
If you have ever worked in a call center answering phones all day, you can relate 
to the bond we have formed.

Long phone calls.
Monitoring.
Not ready time.
Great phone calls.
Not so great phones calls.
"Let me put you on hold while I transfer you."
Cubies.
Lunch breaks.
Prizes.
Trips.
Breaks.
Training.
And, did I say long phone calls?
(Great topics for breaks).
And knowing that we all bonded just because we were there.

What happens in 12 years?
Life happens, and we were there for each other.
During that time we experienced getting to know each other and our families.
Our families grew as we had kids, and grandkids, got engaged, got married,
got unmarried, experienced joy and experienced grief.
We had birthday celebrations,  
potlucks, and met after work at local restaurants.

It was good for the soul to see everyone celebrating this milestone
in Bonnie's life.



I made Bonnie a
Cupcake Bouquet of Flowers...

Begin by mixing a packaged cake mix according to the directions on the box.
I liked strawberry for the color and flavor.
They really did smell great!

Scoop into a cupcake tin lined with cupcake papers.

Bake according to box directions and let cool.

For the flower vase, I used a metal container.
Coordinate color of tin with frosting color.
Then I put a Styrofoam ball into the container.
I wrapped the ball with press and seal wrap.

To make the cupcake roses, I used a Wilton 2D cake decorating tip.

I like the flavor of canned frosting and the texture and consistency
worked well for this application.
No need for food color with the strawberry flavor frosting.
 Cut the corner of the plastic bag, then insert the decorating tip.
Add the frosting into a the bag.

Start by squeezing the frosting in the center of the cupcake,
and make a circle outward.

You really can't mess this up.
The roses will be individual...as in nature!

Let the frosting dry so you can handle the cupcakes when you put them into the vase.


Use 2 toothpicks inserted about 1/2 inch apart into the Styrofoam ball.
Point them upwards so the cupcakes and frosting do not fall off.
Add the cupcakes onto the toothpicks evenly onto the Styrofoam.


Cut some green tissue paper into 4-5 inch squares.
Layer 3-4 pieces then run a pick through the middle.
You need an end on the toothpick so the tissue paper stays on the pick.
There are several types of cocktail picks.

Twist the tissue paper around the stick
and put it into the gaps between the cupcakes.

Ready to take to the party.
I wrapped the bouquet in a bag tied with a ribbon.
to keep them from drying out.

The Gang!

Happy Retirement, Bonnie.
See you at our next get together...

No comments:

Post a Comment