Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Totchos.... Tator Tot Nachos

Doug and I ordered these at a local restaurant after working late one night.
We were too tired to cook, so decided to go out and just have appetizers for dinner.
This was one of them that we ordered.
We loved them!
Hence, the blog. We just had to make these at home.

I have to preface this by saying that this was the first major set back I had in my 
New Year's resolutions.

My first resolution was to start my resolution after the weekend following January 1st.
That would have put my start date as January 4th.

I gave myself a break on January 4th because it was a Monday.

The second part of my resolution was to kick start my eating plan with the infamous
diet cabbage soup.

So, this is what the 5th looked like.

Diet Cabbage Wonder Soup.
Very tasty.
I actually like this soup.
But not all the time.

This is what January 6th looked like for dinner...

Yes, Totchos!

 It starts off healthy... after all, we are chopping vegetables full of 
nutrients and antioxidants.

 Chop a little green pepper.

 And seed and chop a fresh jalapeno.

Chop half a white onion to saute in the hamburger.


 Slice some green onions.

 Along with some tomatoes.  I had cherry tomatoes on hand.

 Olives are good, green or black.

 Fresh cilantro adds great flavor.

 Avocado is a must.

 Cheese, any shredded variety you like.

 Then, brown the tator tots in the oven according to the package directions.

 Brown the ground beef and saute the onions and green and jalapeno peppers
until completely cooked.

 Assemble all the chopped vegetables and toppings...
chopped tomatoes, lettuce,  jalapeno, fresh cilantro, green onions, 
avocado, sour cream, green olives, fresh salsa, and cheese!


 Start the layers with tator tots on the bottom 
and with the cooked ground beef mixture on top.

Then pile on the toppings.
This is delicious.
The secret is portion control.
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment