Total Pageviews

Monday, October 26, 2015

Microwave Cake in a Mug

I saw this recipe on Facebook and also on Pinterest.
What a great idea!
I needed a small single-serve cake.
This was it!

Simple, easy,  and surprisingly good!

It has been called...
1 Minute Cake
Magic Mug Cake
3-2-1 Cake
Mug cake
1-2-3 Cake
1-2-3 Microwave Cake
Cake in a Cup
and I used the 
Duncan Hines 3- 2- 1 Microwave Cake


Ingredients:
1 box Duncan Hines Angel Food Cake Mix
1 box any flavor regular Cake Mix  (Red Velvet, Chocolate, Spice, Banana, Strawberry, Lemon etc use your imagination on the mixes.)
2 Tbsp. water

Directions:
Mix the 2 cake mixes together in a gallon zip-lock bag.

To make the cake: Spray a microwave safe cup with cooking spray.  (I tried, and it also works without the spray.) Then take 3 tablespoons cake mix; mix this with 2 tablespoons water; 
Mix together and microwave for 1 minute. Let this rest for fifteen minutes and serve with toppings such as ... mini chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, etc. for a different twist. Top with ice cream, hot fudge or caramel sauce, fruit, or anything else you love.
From: https://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cakes/Patti40/3-2-1-microwave-cake/

Yes, it is that simple!
Make sure to use a box of Angel Food Cake, otherwise the cake will not rise and cook like it should.
It is because the angel food cake mix includes egg whites.



Mix the 2 cake mixes together in a gallon zip-lock bag. 

I am modeling my beautiful stylish apron my friend, Cathy,
gave me for my birthday.
I think it helps me to cook better!
It definitely inspires me.

Take 3 tablespoons cake mix; mix this with 2 tablespoons water.

I used  mini chocolate chips for my add-in.
I laid them on the top of the batter after I mixed it up.
The chocolate chips sink to the bottom of the cup when it cooked.
The next time I made it, I added the mini chocolate chips on top of the cake
after it came out of the microwave.

 Microwave for 1 minute.

Let it rest for about 15 minutes, then frost or add toppings.
This is a very easy cake recipe.
3- 2- 1 and the microwave cake is done!
It's light and you can add different things to this recipe.
Give fruit, cream or other toppings a try.

I made this for my friend's 95th birthday!
Instant single-serve dessert!

Store the extra mix in a zip lock bag and write the directions on the bag.
When the craving hits, just mix 3 tbsp. cake mix with 2 tbsp. water in a coffee mug, 
and microwave on high for 1 minute. 
I have given a zip lock bag of the mix with the directions written on the bag
with a mug, frosting, and measuring spoon as a birthday gift.
Then, the recipient can make a little cake whenever they want.

I also saw a recipe for this microwave cake, but using only angel food cake.
from: http://charlottesiems.com/angel-food-cake-cup

Angel Food Cake in a Cup
3 tablespoons boxed angel food cake mix:
2 tablespoons water:
Microwave one minute.
Tastes good with fruit and whipped cream!  
This looked very good and would be lighter with fewer calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment