Total Pageviews

Friday, March 27, 2015

Two Ingredient Angel Food Cake in a Jar- Doug's Birthday

Happy Birthday!

Today is Doug's birthday.  He turned 60 Something.  
So, it was a day to try a new recipe.
I was very busy so needed a simple, yet delicious cake.
And, I am still making "Things in a Jar".
I saw this recipe idea on Pinterest for an angel food cake
 made with just adding a can of pie filling of your choice
 to a dry angel food cake mix.
I love the refreshing taste of lemon after a big dinner, in this case birthday, 
so decided to try this cake with lemon.
I wanted to add cool whip for my frosting, and blueberries 
for nutrition, taste, and color.
It turned out very well.
I expected the recipe to be "flat", as that was how it looked on the photos on line.
But their recipes made lemon bars, not a standard cake or cupcakes.
I think it rose more because the batter was cooked in small jelly canning jars.
Take a look!

Hot out of the oven.  Lightly browned and light and fluffy as a cloud!
They look like individual souffles.

Topped with French Vanilla Cool Whip, blueberries, and lemon zest!

 The main two ingredients are a simple angel food cake mix and a can of pie filling,
in this case, lemon.

 In a medium bowl add the can of lemon pie filling to the box of angel food cake mix.
Do not add the eggs or oil or any other ingredients.

 Mix by hand.
DO NOT use a mixer.
This could not be simpler.

 The mixture will take on a light, fluffy texture.
It reminded me of my grandsons' toy called ooze.

 Spoon into, in this case, individual 8- oz. jelly jars.
DO NOT grease or flour the jars.
Because it is angel food cake.

 I grated a little lemon zest over the mixture before I baked it.


 Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.

 Sprinkle with powdered sugar while they are still warm from the oven.

 I love the presentation of individual servings in jars.

 Birthday dinner at Jethro's BBQ n' Lakehouse.

 Bon Appetit!


 Back home for birthday cake.
Add French Vanilla Cool Whip, fresh blueberries, and lemon zest.

 And, Doug still has room for this light, lemony, refreshing cake.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment