Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Veggie Turkey- Cooking with my Grandsons

(photo from Pinterest)

Today is Thanksgiving
and I have much to be thankful for.
God has blessed me
and given me a wonderful husband, great children, and precious grandchildren.

I gathered my young chefs, and we assembled the veggie tray for our 
Thanksgiving Dinner.
We modified a vegetable turkey idea I found on Pinterest.

We used red and green leaf lettuce,
 red and orange and yellow and green bell peppers,
green onions, baby carrots, celery,
cucumber, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, and black olives.

The red and green lettuce leaves go around the edge of the platter for the feathers.

Wash the vegetables and start to arrange them on a large platter.


Layer the celery, green onions, and carrots on top of the lettuce.
(Use your imagination!)


Brothers, ages 5 and 13. 

Cousins, Aiden age 5 and Dane age 11.
They make a great team!

Keep building the turkey by adding celery legs.
Add the colorful pepper slices on the veggies.
Then place cucumber slices in the center to form the turkey breast.
Cut the yellow squash to make the head and add olive eyes
and a red pepper wattle.
Arrange the cherry tomatoes around the head.

A Vegetable Turkey ready to dip into your favorite sour cream dip!


Chefs Dane, Aiden, And Duncan!

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment